Hi Thor2000 -- we are excited to have Our Gang Wikia Wiki as part of the Wikia community! Thanks for joining us, and we'd like to give you some tips to help you get started on making your wiki great.
Your first four steps:
1. Create your User Page - this is a great place to introduce yourself (and practice wiki-editing!)2. Add a logo - learn how to create a logo image, then to add it to the wiki.
3. Create your first 10 articles - use the box on the right to create ten pages, starting each one off with a few sentences. For example if you are starting a wiki on a TV show, you might create an article for each main character.
4. Edit your Main Page - click your logo, and make sure your front page has internal links ([[like this]]) to the ten articles you just created, and any other improvements you can think of.
Once you've done these four things, you've created a great starting point -- your wiki looks friendly and ready for visitors. You can then invite some friends to help you create the next twenty pages, and expand the ones you've built.
Keep going! The more pages you create and link to each other, the sooner that others who are searching for "Our Gang Wikia Wiki" will be able find your project in search engines, read your content and join you in editing.
If you have more questions, we've provided a full set of help pages, or you can email us through our contact form. Don't forget to check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, organizing your pages, and more. Have fun!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
I fixed the image on the main page, hopefully that's what you were looking for.
To change the logo for the site, go to File:Wiki.png and click the link where it says 'Upload a new version of this file'. Then, you can upload a new picture over the old one. Keep in mind, the best dimensions for the image is 216 pixels by 155 pixels. If the picture you upload is bigger than that, you won't see the whole thing in the corner.
If you don't see it right away after uploading, refresh your cache:
- Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5.
- Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R.
- Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences
- Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.
- Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5