Birthday: March 15, 1921
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
Date of Death: November 22, 1964
Place of Death: Hollywood, California
First Short: Fast Company
Last Short: Jubilo Jr.
Number of Shorts: 2
History: Margaret Roach is one of two children of Hal Roach. Her acting career began at home when Robert F. McGowan came to shoot some scenes for the short, Fast Company, at Roach's Berkley Square residence. As an adult, she acted under the name "Diane Rochelle" for Twentieth Century Fox through the Forties, appearing twice in movies with Laurel and Hardy who once worked under contract at her father's studio.
In 1955, her father's studio came to be owned by her brother, Hal Roach Jr., but some references claim she was at least part-owner. Margaret married twice, once to actor Robert Livingston, and had one child. She passed away in 1964. It is unrevealed if she is the same actress as Barbara Roach, credited by Maltin and Mann as appearing as an extra in Teacher's Pet and School's Out.
List of Shorts
- Swiss Miss (1983) - uncredited - with Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy
- Union Pacific (1939) - uncredited
- Captain Fury (1939)
- Fast And Furious (1939)
- All Women Have Secrets (1939)
- Framed (1940)
- Turnabout (1940)
- Riders From Nowhere (1940)
- All American Co-Ed (1941) - uncredited
- Miss Polly (1941) - uncredited
- Flying With Music (1942) - uncredited
- A Haunting We Will Go (1942) - uncredited - with Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy
- Taxi, Mister (1943) - uncredited
- Here Comes Trouble (1943) - uncredited