- Allen Hoskins
- Donald Haines
- Dorothy DeBorba
- George Billings
- George McFarland
- John Collum
- Joseph Cobb
- Mary Kornman (actress)
- Matthew Beard
- Mickey Daniels (actor)
- Mildred Kornman
- Richard Jackson
- Richard Moore
- Robert Beard
- Robert Hutchins
- Baldwin Cooke - Amusement Park Barker
- Doris Oelze
- Henry Hanna
- Robert De War
Plot: Dickie Moore, Stymie Beard, Wheezer Hutchins and Uh-Huh Collum would much rather skip school to go fishing with Joe Cobb and Farina Hoskins. Joe offers to write them fake excuse notes, but the new teacher turns out to be Mary Kornman. She's back as their new teacher and has planned a day at Seaside Amusement Park for a first day, but the boys don't realize this until it is too late. Meanwhile, Mickey Daniels is back as the new truant officer and warns the kids how truancy can lead to reform school without revealing who he is, but once the kids see his badge, they make a run for it, leading to a chase that ends up at the beach. Mary gets the boys to promise to never again play hooky and they promise for the moment. Afterward, Mickey back with Mary reminds her of her childhood promise in Circus Fever to marry him since he's always been in love with her. Nearby, Spanky is trying to sleep as Mary coyly resists Mickey until Spanky intercedes and plays Cupid for them both.
- "We used to pull that on Miss Crabtree" - Farina
- "Here's some phony notes from the gang." - Spanky
- "For the love of Pete, kiss him so I can go to sleep!" - Spanky
- This was the first short to mix "early Rascals" in the same storyline with "recent Rascals." Timeline-wise, this short would occur after Mickey and Mary's years in The Boy Friends. It would be their first time to speak as their characters since Talkies replaced Silent Film.
- The opening shots were filmed on and near the Higueroa Street Bridge.
- The fishing spot scenes were filmed at Bellona Creek, which has since been converted into a canal.
- The schoolhouse was once located at 9109 David Street, but it has since been demolished.
- In the short, Joe Cobb claims he used to play tricks on Miss Crabtree, but he must have been attending school behind the scenes because he had already "departed" in Bouncing Babies, eight shorts before Miss Crabtree first appeared in Teacher's Pet.
- In 1972, Matthew Beard was living at Synanon over-looking the Old Venice Amusement Park near Santa Monica where the park scenes in this short was filmed, but by then, it had been condemned and was in the process of being torn down.
- A YouTube video] reveals the modern day locations of the scenes in this short.