Length: One Reel
Director: Edward Cahn
Photography: Walter Lundin
Editor: Leon Bourgeau
Writer: Robert A. McGowan and Hal Law
Released: April 4, 1942
- Emmett Vogan - Circus Offical
- William Curtis - Melinda The Chimp
Plot: Buckwheat has gradually been labeled a chronic liar by the others, so when he says he's seen a chimp at the local haunted house, the others are slow to believe him. Spanky and Mickey decide to scare Buckwheat by dressing Froggy as a chimp to discover at the old house where they run into the real thing, a trained chimpanzee which recently escaped from the circus in town.
- The "local haunted house" in Greenpoint is probably the old house seen in Moan & Groan, Inc.
- Considering the characters (Spanky in particular) have encountered numerous animals (among them a few monkeys) over time, it's a bit farfetched that they'd be scared by a playful chimp. This is just as logical as suddenly revealing that after numerous shorts that Buckwheat suddenly has a lying problem.
- This short is credited by Maltin and Bann as one of the "heavy-handed" moralizing lessons which "sealed the lid on the coffin of the series."