- Al Pilario - Expressman
- Cooper Smith - Bear
- Ed Brandenberg - Bear
- Jack Baxley - Expressman
- Jack Pepper - Darla's father
- Wilbur Pike - Bear
Plot: Spanky and Alfalfa have decided that seems to be nothing to do in town except play checkers. Buckwheat and Porky are so bored that they can't help but watch them. To this situation Darla moves to town. Her father owns a circus and the boys rush to be friends with her and her father. At the Hood Residence, Alfalfa weaves a wild tale of being an intrepid hunter with the power to hypnotize bears. The story even surprises Buckwheat, Porky, and Spanky who apparently even lived it. Darla's father is impressed; he's willing to give the boys jobs in his circus, but first he wants Alfalfa to give a demonstration. With his daughter's help, he leaves the room, puts on a bear costume and returns with her. Stepping up, Alfalfa tries to live up to his wild tale and trying to get the "bear" to dance, but a few fierce roars and he and the gang are rushing from the house back to their club house for more checkers.
- "I don't think they'll want to run away with any circus when we get through with them." - Darla
- This short seems to be a loose remake of Sprucin' Up.
- Darla's father is revealed professionally as a dentist in Wedding Worries.
- Despite the physical ages of the Rascals present, this short could ostensibly be the first meeting of Darla and Alfalfa. If so, it would occur before The Pinch Singer (Darla's first appearance) and Night 'N' Gales when the charm of the Rascals had worn off Dr.Hood.
- Considering the fact that "there's nothing to do in town," this short would have to occur while local Seaside Amusement Park from Fish Hooky is closed for the season.
- The Waltz tune the "bear" dances to is "Nightfall" by Marvin Hatley, also used for the camping scene in the Laurel & Hardy film, "Way Out West" also starring Rosina Lawrence.
- Blooper: When Alfalfa reluctantly begins to teach Fifi the bear to dance, he says, "Follow me and start with your right foot." Alfalfa and Fifi take four steps with their right feet then the first (of four) with the left foot. At this point, the director cuts to a close-up, and the next three steps are with the right foot again. A cut back to the wide shot has them doing the third set of four steps again with right feet.
- Blooper Although bears at one time lived in Africa, they were pretty much extinct by time the Our Gang shorts occurred. However, Darla's father couldn't have expected the gang to know this.